Basic Function: The technical superintendent is responsible for the technical state of the vessels, in management bij our customer, according classification, SOLAS, ISM, ISPS, IMO, flag state, port state and any other standards as advised by the management of our customer.
The technical superintendent is responsible for;
• The technical fleet management;
• The technical administration;
• Maintenance (maintenance schedules);
• Reports to the technical manager;
• Takes part in periodical department meetings;
The job description of the technical superintendent includes:
• Control of Planned Maintenance System.
• Control of subcontractors
• Control of General Work permits (GWP).
• Reporting and administrative tasks as needed.
• Supervising the execution of technical activities by the Crew;
• Prepare the arrangement of Arranging repairs and maintenance by third parties;
• Collecting information related to (authorized) suppliers;
• Sending quotations to new- and existing suppliers;
• Making specifications with regard to dry-docking and conversions in close cooperation with the technical manager;
• Requesting quotations for repairs, dry-docking and conversions, etc.;
• Giving advice to Crew Members regarding the ship’s maintenance;
• Visiting ships;
• Supervising / assisting dry-docking and repairs,
•Making recommendations and taking actions with regard to the QHSE reports of the ships;
• Formulating and distributing instructions towards vessels crew
The technical superintendent has the following authorities, after approval of the Technical Manager.
• Delegation of activities to crewmembers and/ or third party contractors;
• Have repairs and maintenance performed by third parties;
• Have repairs and maintenance performed by own personnel;
• Purchase contracting repairs and maintenance to third parties;
Minimally the following competence is required for this function:
• Several years of relevant nautical experience as engineer or HBO thinking and working level;
• Administrative experience;
• Computer skills;
• Relevant work experience.
• Executive qualities;
• Good social skills;
• Navigation affinity;
• Motivation and social skills;
• Communicative skills;
• Contractual skills;
• Creative and independent;
• Time management;
• Proficiency in spoken and written English;
• Ability to travel within short notice as required
• Familiarity with ISM / ISPS
• Independent and resourceful. Able to work under pressure to meet deadline
• Positive, enthusiastic and self-motivated
The technical superintendent is obligated to:
• Be committed to the Company policies
• Maintain secrecy with regard to customers data;
• Make propositions regarding technical & quality improvements.
• Employee commits him/her self to perform tasks other then the specific tasks relevant to his/her function as long as these tasks are reasonable to expect from employee.
Werk vanuit huis mogelijkheden
Soort dienstverband: Fulltime, Onbepaalde tijd
Salary: +/- €4.000,00 per month